ACSED, which was originally named Disabled in State Service-DISS, was formed in 1976. It was incorporated in 1982 as a California non-profit public benefit corporation and has been granted 501 [c] nonprofit status by the IRS and the Franchise Tax Board
Since that time ACSED has:
- Participated in the CalHR/SPB Joint Project to develop a comprehensive set of recommendations for improving the hiring and retention of employees with disabilities in state government.
- Coordinated with Senator Pan’s office and the Department of Rehabilitation in conducting a job seminar on how to apply for State service positions.
- Sponsored state legislation requiring departments to have Disability Advisory Committees (DACs)
- Successfully advocated for creation of the Statewide Disability Advisory Council (SDAC)
- Promoted an increase in the disability employment representation rate
- Sought and obtained revisions to equal employment opportunity laws to ensure protection of employees with disabilities
- Encouraged SPB to create a Model of Disability Employment program
2018-19 Board of Directors
Dan Clark – President
Catherine Campisi – Intermediate Past President
Lisa Brown – Vice President and Membership Registrar
Carolyn Bonkowski – Treasurer
Ralph Black – Recording Secretary
Tanya Little – Corresponding Secretary
Sam Buman – Membership at Large
Vance Taylor – Membership at Large
Download the ACSED Membership Application and join today.